Senior Finance Officer
Job no: 545999
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 6/7 (Administration)
Salary package: $84,019 - $96,713 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full-time (option for part-time), 12month fixed term (with possibility of conversion to continuing)
- Fantastic opportunity to grow your Finance career
- Use your excellent finance, service and collaboration skills to make a difference
- Flexible working arrangements and friendly and supportive work environment
- Excellent remuneration and benefits packages including 17% employer superannuation contributions; salary sacrificing options for cars, parking, childcare and more; vibrant campus community with impressive staff amenities including child care centres, swimming pool and gyms
Our academic and research staff in the ANU College of Health and Medicine are committed to solving problems through big picture and applied scientific research, and improving health outcomes for people around the world. These inspiring ambitions are realised through our 3 Schools - the John Curtin School of Medical Research; the National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health; and, the School of Medicine and Psychology – who work together to deliver world-class research and education across the spectrum of medicine and health-related fields, and partnership with the health sector at the local, national and international levels.
About the Role
The Finance Team is a professional management accounting unit located within the College Professional Services Business Hub that delivers quality leadership and expert administrative and financial services to support research and education activity that drive the business of the College. The Senior Finance Officer plays a key role in providing quality advice and support across a diverse range of financial operations to clients and stakeholders. The ability to build trusted and durable relationships with internal and external stakeholders is essential, as is playing an integral role in the implementation of College and University strategic objectives.
Our ideal candidate will be a highly motivated finance professional who is keen to play an important role in delivering quality financial services across the College. To be successful in the role, it is essential to demonstrate that you:
- are a confident and positive communicator with proven excellent stakeholder engagement and customer service skills to deliver solution based outcomes
- have relevant financial qualifications coupled with practical knowledge and experience of contemporary finance principles and practices including in-depth knowledge of financial data analysis and compliance reporting
- have high level analytical and problem solving skills with a proven ability to interpret and apply financial policies and procedures and can confidently explain complex financial information to a broad range of stakeholders
- have excellent team building skills with a strong commitment to continuous improvement
- are highly organised with a strong attention to detail and can expertly prioritise competing deadlines
- a degree in a relevant field will be highly regarded, as will progress towards CPA or CA membership.
If you have a passion for financial services, working in a collaborative team environment and satisfying your clients, we would welcome an application from you.
For further information about this career opportunity, please contact Velinka Vecchi, College Finance Manager on T: (02) 6125 2563 or E: Velinka.Vecchi@anu.edu.au
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now