Student Administration - Multiple positions available
Job no: 540815
Work type: Continuing
Location: Canberra / ACT
Student Administration (Multiple positions available)
- Want to be part of reshaping how student administration engages with students at the ANU?
- Are you passionate about customer service and keen to see the impact you can make to the ANU?
- Can you apply creativity to processes that help streamline and improve the student experience?
Student Central, within the Division of Student Administration and Academic Services (DSAAS) strives to provide high-level customer service across multiple channels to support and engage with students of the University. Student Central supports activities related to enrolments, program management, fees, scholarships, examination, graduation and pastoral care for sponsored students.
DSAAS is in the process of relaunching Student Central’s operations in collaboration with academic colleges. The team will be relaunched as “Ask ANU” in an effort to ease the student journey, through a “no wrong door” approach to student enquiries. Successful candidates will be critical in the success to this project and directly impact and lead the project’s implementation and operationalisation.
We are seeking to fill a range of fixed term and continuing positions from this recruitment process and are looking to create a merit list for any potential future vacancies across all professional staff classifications. Non-ongoing vacancies have the potential to become ongoing.
Link to the ANU Professional Staff Salaries page can be found here - https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/enterprise-agreement/schedule-3-professional-staff-salaries-0
Deputy Manager, Student Central
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 8
Terms: Full time, permanent ongoing
- Reporting directly to the Assistant Registrar, Student Administration, the Deputy Manager provides leadership, strategic and operational support in all aspects of the efficient and effective operation of service delivery to all students at the ANU.
- The position plays a critical role in the daily management of Student Central as the first point of contact for student administration related enquiries, advice, guidance and support services.
- Core responsibilities also include building a dynamic team through training and development, resource and event planning, service analytics and communication strategies to meet service commitment obligations.
2x Senior Information Officer
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 6/7
Terms: Full time, fixed term for 12 months
- Reporting to the Deputy Manager Student Central, the Senior Student Information Officer is responsible for leading key projects within the team which encompass a focus on staff training and development and supporting student communications initiatives.
- The position coordinates the day-to-day running of Student Central enquiries, and maintains a high level of knowledge of administrative services and academic programs, as well as thorough knowledge of relevant rules, policies and procedures, and is also the senior lead to operational welfare support to student enquiries
Not sure you have the right skills for the role? ANU is an advocate for continuous learning and professional development, and will provide mentoring and support to those candidates wanting to adapt their existing administrative and/or management skills to the exciting world of higher education.
Candidate Enquiries: Nicholas McArthur, Assistant Registrar E: email@example.com T: 02 6125 9278.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A clear indication of the role/s you wish to be considered for;
- A 2-page expression of interest addressing the selection criteria for the role you wish to be considered for;
- A current curriculum vitae (CV).
As part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in a face-to-face interview, work-skills testing and secondary stakeholder meetings as needed.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now