Classification: Academic Level A
Salary package: $73,309 - $92,015 plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, Fixed Term (2 years)
- Work at the intersection of social and clinical psychology, at the forefront of an influential field of new "social cure" research.
- Join the Research School of Psychology at ANU, which has long established strengths in group processes and intergroup relations.
- Be part of a strong team in a flexible work environment with an attractive renumeration package.
ANU has an international reputation for research and education relevant to the health and well-being of the population of Australia, as well as that of the developing world. This is achieved through discovery research, applied research in health service settings, research-led teaching in health and medical sciences, and the translation of research findings into practice and policy. The ANU College of Health and Medicine comprises the Research School of Psychology, the ANU Medical School, the John Curtin School of Medical Research and the Research School of Population Health. These schools work together to deliver world-class research and education across the spectrum of medicine and health-related fields, working in partnership with the health sector at local, national and international levels.
The Research School of Psychology (RSP) conducts research into all major areas of psychology, including social psychology, cognition and perception, clinical and health psychology, and lifespan development. All research methods are welcome, including experimental and behavioural studies, large-scale survey methods, clinical studies, neuroimaging, quantitative modelling, and qualitative studies.
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow to utilise their experience in the area of social identity and health to contribute towards meeting the objectives of an NHMRC grant entitled ‘Unlocking the social cure: Innovations in basic and translational science of the social determinants of mental health.’ This work is at the intersection of social and clinical psychology.
We would welcome an application from you, especially if you have experience in contributing to applied social identity research in liaison with industry partners, such as government departments, community organisations, or healthcare providers, and/or demonstrated experience using modern advanced statistical methods in psychology.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated early career researcher to join the Health and Identity Lab (https://psychology.anu.edu.au/research/groups/health-identity-lab) and develop their independence as a researcher under the mentorship of Associate Professor Tegan Cruwys. You will work with a vibrant multidisciplinary team of researchers to deliver high quality research designed to have impact, based at one of the world's top universities.
For more information about the role, please contact A/Prof Tegan Cruwys: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU offers an attractive renumeration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements flexible work arrangements, generous superannuation, and salary packaging arrangements, which include on campus childcare.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A brief research outline, which provides an indicative statement of the type of research you would like to conduct in the position of Postdoctoral Fellow, which should be fall broadly within the "social cure" field with a focus on some aspect of mental health. This statement should be a maximum of two pages long.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Position Description & Selection Criteria