Classification: ANU Officer 5 (Administration)
Salary package: $71,878 - $78,411 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, fixed term (up to 12 months)
The Australian National University, one of the world’s leading universities for research, education and policy engagement, has an opportunity within the Financial Shared Services team in the Finance and Business Services Division. While this is a non-ongoing opening, it is a good opportunity to gain experience working at the University and demonstrate your suitability for an ongoing position in the future.
Financial Shared Services supports the University through provision of financial transaction services. This includes general ledger and reconciliations, vendor and customer management, asset management, banking, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payments, corporate credit cards and debtor management.
The Finance Officer will play a key role in day to day operations of Financial Shared Services, ensuring that activities are performed efficiently, effectively and in line service level standards and relevant policies/procedures. We are looking for applicants with exceptional interpersonal skills, who are accurate and timely in their work, and proactive in providing a high quality client service.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong initiative, attention to detail and sound judgement.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
Also of importance is:
- Bachelor of Commerce/Business/Accounting or equivalent is essential.
- Member of a professional accounting body (CPA/CAANZ) is highly desirable.
- Substantial experience in using financial systems, such as PeopleSoft or SAP. High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential.
- Substantial experience in a financial transaction processing or services.
For more information please contact Nikita Iyer, Deputy Manager, T: 02 6125 2440, E: email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. The University actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
The University offers attractive salary and benefits. This includes 17% employer superannuation contributions, generous leave provisions (annual, personal/sick and parental), flexible work arrangements, school holiday program and childcare facilities on campus. For more information about salary and benefits at ANU, please https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country, and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.