Classification: ANU Officer Level 7 (IT)
Salary package: $88,523 - $92,957 plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Part time (21 hours per week 0.6FTE), Continuing (Contingent Funded)
Location: Canberra / ACT
Professional, flexible and collaborative work environment
Mentoring and ongoing career development
Excellent remuneration and benefits packages
17% Superannuation Contributions
Annual Leave Loading
Salary sacrificing options for cars, parking, technology, childcare and more
The Systems Administration and Technical Support Specialist in the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC) plays a key role in the Canberra based team who are responsible for the technical support and system administration of several web based national services and business applications that support national research infrastructure.
This position involves the operation and maintenance of the ARDC's production, public-facing online data-management services, and development / support systems. These production services have national standing, and international visibility, and serve the needs of the ARDC's broad base of clients, collaborators and partners. Significant national and international technical and research activity is underpinned by these services.
The ideal candidate for this position would possess substantial experience and high-level proficiency in the operation and implementation of production, public-facing online systems, and the management of these technologies in a public-facing production service setting.
To be successful, the ideal candidate will need significant expertise in:
- The Linux Operating System (RHEL / CentOS variants and Ubuntu))
- Web servers (Apache, Nginx, HAProxy)
- Database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, ProxySQL)
- Cybersecurity experience such as vulnerability management and prevention, testing, and access levels / permissions analysis, breach identification and remediation.
- The LAMP and ELK stacks
- Cloud Computing / Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platforms, specifically Openstack and VMWare, and virtualization/ containerisation tools such as Docker.
- Issue management and documentation applications, specifically JIRA and Confluence respectively.
- Version control and code repository management systems such as Github and Bitbucket.
- Continuous Integration and deployment build tools such as Bamboo, and provisioning and configuration management via Ansible, Puppet etc.
The ideal candidate would also possess the following capabilities:
- Expertise in managing (monitoring, updating, patching, configuring, backup) of live production services.
- Interacting closely with a diverse development and operations technical team.
- Assisting, liaising, with a broad base of national and international clients.
- Managing issues and tasks, solving and resolving technical issues
- Following change / release management processes with respect to infrastructure and software deployment and administration.
For enquiries regarding this role, please contact Cel Pilapil, ARDC IT Services Coordinator T: +61 2 6125 1212 E: email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful application must have rights to live and work in this country.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Position Description & Selection Criteria