Senior Technical Officer
Job no: 539356
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: Senior Technical Officer, ANU Officer Level 7
Salary package: $88,523 - $92,957 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Term: Full-time, Fixed Term, 3 years
- Great work/life balance with dynamic team culture
- Four weeks annual leave per year + a variety of salary packaging options
The Research School of Physics represents Australia's largest university based research and teaching activity in the physics discipline. Hundreds of academics, technical staff and students form the School's greatest asset, its people. This critical mass of researchers is of fundamental importance in fostering the kind of interdisciplinary interactions that create modern research excellence.
We offer our professional staff a dynamic and flexible working environment with excellent training and career development opportunities and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, inclusive team.
Based in the department of Nuclear Physics within the Research School of Physics. The Senior Technical Officer work closely with the engineers, researchers, post-graduate students and other technical officers of the Department in the development of ideas into practical technical solutions.
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide high level technical advice to stakeholders on a range of functions including experimental design and implementation, risk assessments and the general operation of the ion sources and accelerators
- Lead the periodic maintenance and development of ion sources, accelerator components and systems and develop proposals for resource allocation as required
- Establish new techniques within the laboratory, collates, investigate and interpret experimental data and produces research reports
- Take a lead role in Work Health and Safety (WHS) and make active contribution towards the practice and compliance process in the WHS space
To excel in this role you will have experience in in providing highly specialised technical services and will demonstrate:
- A Degree with subsequent relevant specialist experience or extensive experience (minimum 4 years) in technical filed or an equivalent combinations of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated expertise in the design, manufacture and assembly of mechanical equipment under broad direction, experience in providing highly specialised technical services and success in delivering projects on time and within budget
- A proven ability to contribute to leadership of a teaching or research laboratory
- Strong information technology and organisational skills with demonstrated ability to keep accurate records and prioritise tasks, exercising sound judgement to meet tight timelines
The Australian National University is a world-leading institution and provides a range of lifestyle, financial and non-financial rewards and programs to support staff in maintaining a healthy work/life balance whilst encouraging success in reaching their full career potential. For more information, please click here.
To see what the Science at ANU community is like, we invite you to follow us on social media at Instagram and Facebook.
For more information about the position please contact Dr Nikolai Lobanov on T: +61 (02) 612 54838 or E: Nikolai.Lobanov@anu.edu.au
ANU Values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. People with a disability are encouraged to apply. For more information about staff equity at ANU, click here.
In order to apply for his role, please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria, and
- A current curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now