Job no: 538964
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: Technical Officer, ANU Officer Level 4/5 or 6
Salary package: $65,101 - $84,451 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Term: Full-time, Fixed Term, 3 years
- Great work/life balance with dynamic team culture
- Four weeks annual leave per year + a variety of salary packaging options
The Research School of Physics represents Australia's largest university based research and teaching activity in the physics discipline. Hundreds of academics, technical staff and students form the School's greatest asset, its people. This critical mass of researchers is of fundamental importance in fostering the kind of interdisciplinary interactions that create modern research excellence.
We offer our professional staff a dynamic and flexible working environment with excellent training and career development opportunities and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, inclusive team.
Based in the department of Nuclear Physics within the Research School of Physics. The Technical Officer work closely with the engineers, researchers, post-graduate students and other technical officers of the Department in the development of ideas into practical technical solutions. The Technical Officer will also provide technical support to a significant number of national and international users of the Facility. In addition, the Technical Officer will be expected to carry out some routine maintenance and basic repairs of the accelerator systems and laboratory equipment
To excel in this role you will have experience in in providing highly specialised technical services and will demonstrate:
- Experience in providing highly specialised technical services, and in the operation and maintenance of complex mechanical equipment, including the installation, diagnostics and repair of a broad range of equipment following established procedures.
- A Degree or completion of trade certificate II or III, with relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- A proven ability to provide technical support to laboratory users on the safe use of laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Proven information technology and organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to keep accurate records and prioritise tasks, exercising sound judgement to meet tight timelines
The Australian National University is a world-leading institution and provides a range of lifestyle, financial and non-financial rewards and programs to support staff in maintaining a healthy work/life balance whilst encouraging success in reaching their full career potential. For more information, please click here.
To see what the Science at ANU community is like, we invite you to follow us on social media at Instagram and Facebook.
For more information about the position please contact Dr Nikolai Lobanov on T: +61 02 6125 4838 or E: Nikolai.Lobanov@anu.edu.au
ANU Values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. People with a disability are encouraged to apply. For more information about staff equity at ANU, click here.
In order to apply for his role, please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria, and
- A current curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now