Job no: 537349
Work type: Continuing (Contingent Funded)
Location: New South Wales
Classification: ANU Officer Level 8 (Technical)
Salary package: $99,612 - $106,517 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Term: Full time, Continuing (Contingent on Funded, until June 2022)
- Great work/life balance with dynamic team culture
- Four weeks annual leave per year, generous maternity leave, plus a variety of salary packaging options
The Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics (RSAA) at the Australian National University (ANU) operates Siding Spring Observatory, Australia’s largest optical astronomical observatory.
The Observatory is situated on the border of Warrumbungle National Park in northern NSW, and is part of Australia’s first internationally recognised dark sky park. Over 40 telescopes, including Australia’s largest telescope, the Anglo-Australian telescope, are located at the Observatory.
At RSAA, we offer our professional staff a dynamic, flexible and safe working environment with excellent training and career development opportunities and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, inclusive team.
Based at the Observatory, the main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and overseeing projects from initiation through to completion
- Interacting with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting the Observatory Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Observatory
- Providing expert advice to the Observatory Manager
- Supervising the Telescope Support Team
- Managing the introduction of new or refurbished equipment into regular operations, including the training of staff
RSAA is seeking for a Project Manager that has had recent experience in project management in a scientific environment. You will need to have:
- The ability to manage several projects at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to gain an understanding of current technologies in instrumentation and telescopes
- A postgraduate qualification in scientific and/or technical discipline and extensive project management expertise or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Experience in managing teams of 3 to 5 people
The Australian National University is a world-leading institution and provides a range of lifestyle, financial and non-financial rewards and programs to support staff in maintaining a healthy work/life balance whilst encouraging success in reaching their full career potential. For more information, please click here.
To see what the Science at ANU community is like, we invite you to follow us on social media at Instagram and Facebook.
For more information about the position please contact A/Prof Chris Lidman on T: +61 2 6125 0238 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU Values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. People with a disability are encouraged to apply. For more information about staff equity at ANU, click here.
In order to apply for his role, please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria, and
- A current curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note the successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now