Job no: 548404
Work type: Continuing
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: ANU Officer 8
Role: Database Administrator
Classification: ANU Officer 8 (IT)
Salary package: Competitive package including 17% superannuation
Term: Full Time, Ongoing (2 varying roles available)
- Make a difference to the national mission of our world-leading University, it’s students and staff
- Enjoy workplace flexibility and be part of a supportive team.
- Multiple positions across infrastructure, digital solutions and business enablement projects.
Why choose ANU?
The ANU Story: ANU is home to some of the most remarkable people from across the world: visionaries, influential leaders, researchers and advocates creating impact and change nationally, regionally and globally. ANU attracts exceptional staff and students and, through education and enrichment programs, helps them to achieve ambitious goals, and pursue brilliant careers. Ranked in the top 30 universities globally, the first Australian university to be recognised in this elite tier, ANU continues to be an academic resource for the whole of Australia.
Digital Transformation: We have released our ANU 2025 Strategy and our Digital Master Plan, which will see ANU embark on the biggest digital transformation in our history; a transformation that matches our national and global mission. Our digital future will transform the experience of ANU for our students, researchers, academics, professional staff and the wider community and we are seeking great people to be a part of this history making journey.
Working at ANU: Our staff enjoy some amazing employee benefits including
- Highly flexible working arrangements and locations
- Excellent support for skills development
- Family friendly working environment including good work/life balance and an inclusive and supportive culture
Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers digital solutions that enable the Australian National University to achieve its strategic goals: a student experience equal to the world’s best, and research that transforms society and creates national capability. ITS has responsibility for the University’s digital ecosystem and is leading the delivery of the Digital Master Plan, a 10-year strategic roadmap for the transformation of the University’s digital capability.
About these roles
There are two roles available:
- Microsoft SQL Integration - The role is focused on providing support for the integration services within the team, including
- SSIS packages and deployments
- Monitoring and tuning
- Managing change data capture
- Service broker and queue development and
- Minor.NET applications
- MS SQL DBA Specialist - The role ensures the ANU’s Microsoft SQL Server fleet is maintained the covers but is not limited to
- Updated configuration
- Cluster management
- SQL Server tuning
- Database and statement tuning
- SQL Job management
An interest in using tools such as PowerShell, exposure to Microsoft Active Directory, and associated management concepts.
ITS is seeking a suitably qualified individual with a successful record of achievements, for the positions within the Database team. These roles are expected to provide applications development and support services for enterprise systems that support key University functions. These roles will require demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server technologies and associated systems, as well as comprehensive understanding of application development techniques. Effective communication and problem-solving skills are fundamental to the role.
If you would like to use your information technology knowledge and expertise to support the ANU community in the higher education environment, then you are welcome to apply for these positions and join the ITS Database Team within Application Services.
For further information please contact Mr Martin Gribben, Database Services, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A cover letter or ‘pitch’ describing how your skills, experience and approach align with the role - maximum 2 pages.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least two referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now