Classification: ANU Officer 6/7 (Administration)
Salary package: $84,019 - $96,713 per annumn plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing Contingent Funded up to 12 months
- Be part of a unique initiative to mature the tech policy eco-system.
- Play a key role in shaping and building an events and communications program in a field of central and growing importance to society.
- Work in a beautiful campus environment on the city’s doorstep.
The Tech Policy Design Centre (TPDC) is a nonpartisan, independent research organisation at the Australian National University (ANU). TPDC’s mission is to develop fit-for-purpose tech policy frameworks to shape technology for the long-term benefit of humanity. We are reimagining how governance shapes technology.
At the Design Centre we co-design implementation-ready solutions. We conduct research and foster public debate in collaboration with industry, academia, civil society and government. We draw on ANU’s world-leading expertise in law and regulation, business and economics, computer science, cybernetics, physics, national security, and Asia-Pacific studies.
What makes the Design Centre different?
- Our objective is to mature the tech policy eco-system
- We recognise policy and governance as tools to shape technology
- We champion good regulation as a competitive advantage
- We identify challenges and co-design solutions
- We collaborate with industry, government, civil society and academia
- We specialise in the Asia-Pacific and have extensive global networks
- Our diversity is our strength.
The Events and Communications Coordinator will work closely with Design Centre staff, under the broad direction of the Director and Centre Manager. This position will be responsible for liaising with and providing high level, outreach, and communications to a wide variety of stakeholders. It will also be responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of a high tempo of events (workshops, roundtables, public lectures, professional development education offerings) and communication projects to enhance and support the implementation of Design Centre projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional with experience coordinating events, marketing and communications. The successful application will need to demonstrate the ability to command a wide range of media (social, digital, print, audio and visual), organise dynamic and engaging events, as well as plan for and report on engagement and impact of Design Centre activities. Experience managing and/or producing podcasts would be highly regarded.
The Design Centre is in start-up phase. This position provides an opportunity for the candidate to shape and build an events and communications program in a field of central and growing importance to society. The successful candidate will be a team player who thrives in an environment that is constantly evolving and enjoys thinking creatively and collaboratively to solve strategic challenges.
For further information for this position, please contact the Centre Manager, Harry Rolf E: email@example.com
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities at the ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion/aboriginal-torres-strait-islander-employment.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit http://hr.anu.edu.au/staff-equity
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria (max 2 pages).
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Position Description & Selection Criteria