Classification: ANU Officer 6/7 (Administration)
Salary package: $84,019 - $96,713 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full Time, Continuing
- Apply your expert communication skills to strategise, create and publish engaging content about science research and education at The Australian National University (ANU).
- Produce stories about some of the biggest issues facing Australia and the world, using your unique experience and written communication skills, to push creative boundaries and be a leader in digital content delivery.
- Work with international experts in astronomy, biological sciences, chemistry, Earth sciences, environment and society, mathematical sciences, physics and science communication.
- Apply your storytelling expertise to uncover characters and captivate audiences with interesting aspects of science and mathematical research.
- Use your social media strategy skills, and understanding of audience insights, to manage all social media channels for the ANU College of Science.
- This role is ideal for an experienced writer or multimedia content producer with experience growing and maintaining engaged audiences across websites, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
We are seeking an experienced content producer and social media manager, to deliver communication strategies for the ANU College of Science.
Working within the College’s Marketing and Communications Team, you will deliver communication strategies; produce written or multimedia stories about our research and educational offerings; manage our social media channels; track, analyse and report on engagement data; and work collaboratively with a passionate network of communicators across the University.
The ideal candidate will have an expert eye for detail and the ability to ensure our content meets the visual, style and editorial standards befitting Australia’s national university.
The Australian National University’s College of Science delivers world-class research and education in astronomy, biological sciences, chemistry, Earth sciences, environment and society, mathematical sciences, physics and science communication.
At the ANU College of Science, our staff and students come from all over the world to conduct, and to learn about, scientific research at the highest level. Our researchers are working at the forefront of their fields, carrying out research that both advances our understanding of the world, and has real-world impact, through our engagement with industry and with government agencies. Our students come from all parts of Australia, and from overseas, to learn from outstanding researchers, in small classes taught in state-of-the-art teaching spaces and laboratories.
For further information about the role, please contact Tabitha Carvan email@example.com
To get to know our work and the Science at ANU community, we invite you to visit our website and to follow us on social media at Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Position Description & Selection Criteria