Classification: ANU Officer 6/7 (Administration)
Salary package: $84,019 - $96,713 plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, Fixed term (2 positions available, 2 years, January 2023 start date)
- Be part of an innovative ANU research team working at the forefront of Indigenous genomic medical research
- Flexible location (Canberra, Perth, Broome or Darwin)
- Extensive travel in remote northern and Western Australia
ANU has an international reputation for research and education relevant to the health and well-being of the population of Australia, as well as that of the developing world. This is achieved through discovery research, applied research in health service settings, research-led teaching in health and medical sciences, and the translation of research findings into practice and policy. The ANU College of Health and Medicine comprises the Research School of Psychology, the ANU Medical School, the John Curtin School of Medical Research and the Research School of Population Health. These schools work together to deliver world-class research and education across the spectrum of medicine and health-related fields, working in partnership with the health sector at local, national and international levels.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will undertake consultation and engagement with Indigenous communities to support the research activities of the National Centre for Indigenous Genomics (NCIG). NCIG consults deeply and continuously with Indigenous Australians to deliver a world-standard, Indigenous-led model for Indigenous genomic research. Broadly, NCIG is involved in two streams of research:
- creation of an Australian 'reference genome' which will provide ongoing underlying data for a wide range of medical research;
- identifying the views of Indigenous Australians on best practice for governance of genomic data (collection, management, storage and use).
For further information please contact Azure Hermes E: email@example.com
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant via: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.