Lecturer in History
Job no: 541673
Work type: Continuing
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $101,805 - $115,428 plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, Continuing
Start Date: Preferred start date - prior to February 2022
The School of History, Research School of Social Sciences, College of Arts and Social Sciences at the Australian National University seeks to appoint an historian of modern Europe. The ideal candidate will have a track record of publication and an active research agenda in the field of Eastern European, Russian or Soviet History. The successful applicant would complement and extend existing teaching and research strengths within the School of History. Responsibilities will include convening and teaching a first-year undergraduate course in modern European history, upper-level courses in the candidate’s areas of specialisation, postgraduate coursework, as well as Honours and HDR supervision.
Candidates should provide evidence of on-going and active research in modern Eastern European history, and an excellent publication record relative to opportunity. They must also provide evidence of a strong teaching record that demonstrates the use of pedagogies suited to a diverse cohort of undergraduate and postgraduate students. A successful track record of competitive grants will be an advantage.
Enquires: Prof Carolyn Strange, T: 02 6125 2613 E: email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
To apply for the position, candidates must provide the following documents:
- A 1-2 page statement addressing the selection criteria (refer to the Position Description linked below).
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- A research statement (2 pages maximum) summarising past research accomplishments and future research interests.
- A teaching statement (2 pages maximum) summarising past teaching, student evaluations, and future teaching plans.
- A writing sample (article or book chapter).
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now