Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $99,809 - $113,165 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Fixed term (3 years)
- Outstanding opportunity to work with world-leading expert Professor Michelle Ryan for an Institute that aims to create a world where being a woman is not a barrier to becoming a leader in any field.
- Develop evidence frameworks, models and theories which support a better understanding of and address the causes of women's under-representation in leadership positions across sectors and the Asia Pacific.
- Work on challenges aligned to GIWL ANU’s research priorities including barriers to women’s representation in leadership, the gendered nature of career trajectories, the intersectional nature of workplace gender discrimination and the role of social and organisational culture in sharing and constraining women’s career trajectories.
- Supportive and enriching workplace, with flexible work arrangements.
- Excellent employer superannuation contributions.
Chaired by the Hon. Julia Gillard AC, the Global Institute for Women's Leadership (GIWL) brings together research, practice and advocacy to better understand and address the causes of women's under-representation in leadership positions across sectors and countries. Led by inaugural Director, Professor Michelle Ryan, GIWL ANU is the first international base for the Institute established at King’s College London. Through this partnership, ANU helps drive change and seeks to improve gender equity in Asia and the Pacific.
GIWL ANU seeks to recruit a Research Fellow to take part in research of international standing. A Level B academic (research intensive) is expected to carry out collaborative and independent research aligned with GIWL’s strategic priorities and to carry out activities to develop their research expertise relevant to the respective field of research. A Level B academic is expected to make an independent contribution through professional practice and expertise. The Research Fellow will work collaboratively as part of a small team and report to the Director of GIWL. Read more about the position description and selection criteria by clicking on the link below.
For further information about the position, please contact Natalie Barr, Chief Operating Officer, GIWL T: +612 6125 0271, E: Natalie.Barr@anu.edu.au
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria (maximum 2 pages).
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
As part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in a face-to-face interview, work-skills testing and secondary stakeholder meetings as needed.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.