Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $99,809 - $113,165 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Term: Fixed Term, Full time (2 years)
- Outstanding opportunity to work in one of the world's top computer vision and machine learning groups on the exciting new topic of deep declarative networks (also known as implicit deep layers).
- Develop theory and algorithms for embedding mathematical and physical models within end-to-end learnable pipelines.
- Work on problems that extend the practice of deep declarative networks applied to tasks in machine learning and computer vision.
The ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) is dedicated to contributing to The Australian National University’s reputation for excellence in research and research-led education, bringing together expertise across a range of areas to reimagine the role of engineering and computing for future generations. CECS is a diverse and vibrant community dedicated to discovery and to making knowledge matter. Our academics and students are engaged in ground-breaking, cutting-edge research, in exciting areas such as renewable energy, robotics, telecommunications, biomaterials, human-machine interaction, and artificial intelligence.
The School of Computing is unique in Australia. It includes a creative mix of staff and students that embrace the breadth of computer science profession. It is a diverse and vibrant community dedicated to discovery and to making knowledge matter. It contains world-class academics undertaking high-quality research, training of research students and delivering coursework teaching programs.
This position is a fixed term appointment for a period of 2 years to contribute to innovative research on Deep Declarative Networks (Gould et al., 2019). Applications are particularly invited from researchers whose interests and expertise are in the areas of computer vision, machine learning, deep learning and optimisation. We welcome and develop diversity of backgrounds, experiences and ideas and encourage applications from individuals who may have had non-traditional career paths, who may have taken a career break or who have achieved excellence in careers outside of academia.
For more information please contact the Hiring Manager, Professor Stephen Gould, T: +61 2 6125 8642, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. The University actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Furthermore, it is policy in the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science to require selection panels to seek a gender balance when compiling shortlists of candidates for interview. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
The ANU provides attractive benefits and excellent support to maintain a healthy work/life balance and offers generous remuneration benefits, including four weeks paid vacation per year, assistance with relocation expenses and 17% employer contribution to superannuation. This also includes generous parental leave, the possibility of flexible and part time working arrangements, a parental and aged care support program, dual career hire programs, ANU school holiday programs, and childcare facilities on campus. For more information, please visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources
Applicants must apply online via the ANU recruitment portal and should upload the following separate documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae including a full publication list and the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- (Optional) a statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Position Description & Selection Criteria