Classification: ANU Level A, B or C
Salary package: $73,309 - $133,202 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Term: Full time, Continuing
- Be part of the launch of a new School of Cybernetics at the Australian National University
- Support the establishment of innovative, interdisciplinary, outwardly focused programs blending education, research and engagement
- collaboratively develop and implement strategies to deliver truly transformational educational experiences
The ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) seeks to bring people from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences from around the world to help create a more sustainable, responsible and safe world. We are a community of people who know how to ask the right questions to solve and resolve the world’s greatest challenges. .
The School of Cybernetics is a brand new organisation. It will build on the foundational work of the Autonomy, Agency and Assurance Innovation Institute (3Ai).
As well as housing the 3Ai, the School of Cybernetics will build capacity in Systems and Design. The School will be structure around intersecting clusters, rather than hierarchies. Clusters will be responsible for the education, research and engagement activities in specific focus areas. This is an opportunity to create new ways of working, researching, educating and engaging, to imagine something different, built on a diverse, inclusive culture.
There are up to three continuing appointments available, to contribute to collaboratively designing, driving and sustaining a program of strategic activities that will launch the new School. We welcome a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and ideas and encourage applications from individuals who may have had non-academic career paths, who may have taken a career break or who have achieved excellence in careers outside of academia.
The School of Cybernetics will include a Strategy area of activity. This brings together business management, engagement and impact, and educational experience functions. In educational experience, our aims are to find new business models and revenue streams, and create new educational experiences, methods and approaches that can flow through into the rest of the educational activities in the College and ANU. This will require a hybrid team of academic and professional staff; while each staff member will be recruited into one of these categories, in practice the work will involve a blend of professional and academic activities, as well as close collaboration with others. To this end, we are interested in recruiting a hybrid team with a range of capabilities and levels.
For more information please contact the Educational Experiences Lead, Dr. Amy McLennan, T: +61 02 6125 6744
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. The University actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Furthermore, it is policy in the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science to require selection panels to seek a gender balance when compiling shortlists of candidates for interview. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
The ANU provides attractive benefits and excellent support to maintain a healthy work/life balance and offers generous remuneration benefits, including four weeks paid vacation per year, assistance with relocation expenses and 17% employer contribution to superannuation. This also includes generous parental leave, the possibility of flexible and part time working arrangements, a parental and aged care support program, dual career hire programs, ANU school holiday programs, and childcare facilities on campus. For more information, please visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources
Applicants must apply online via the ANU recruitment portal and should upload the following separate documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae or resume outlining appropriate outputs in industry, government or academic environments. This could include a list of publications, creative works, media or software.
- The names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV or resume does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A short statement about your connection to Cybernetics, in a format of your choosing (max 1 page statement or visual OR max 2-minute audio/video piece)
- Other documents, if required.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
Position Description & Selection Criteria