Classification: Casual Sessional Academic
Salary package: Per ANU Casual Sessional Academic salary
The ANU Research School of Computer Science within the College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) is seeking casual sessional academics (tutors) for 2021. Individuals with experience and expertise in the field of Computer Science who are interested in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses are encouraged to apply.
As a casual sessional academic you will be involved in the delivery of CECS courses with support, guidance and direction from the Course Convenor and School staff.
You will work both independently and as part of a team to inspire active and evidence-based learning in our courses as well as motivate students to achieve their best and help them meet the stated learning outcomes.
A Tutor shall have qualifications and/or experiences recognised by the institution as appropriate for the relevant discipline area. If you have the ability to engage, educate and enjoy working as part of a team, we would like to hear from you.
Tutoring qualifications are highly regarded. If you have not already completed specific modules of the Tutor Quality Program (TQP), you will have the opportunity to participate in this (paid) professional development.
ANU casual sessional academic positions are non-ladder positions. Information on salary rates is available at https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/enterprise-agreement/schedule-2-casual-sessional-academic-salary-rates
Review of applications will begin after the closing date and will continue until all positions have been filled. Applications may be used to fill casual sessional academic roles over the course of the year. Preparation for teaching commences in O-week, from 15th February 2021.
The ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) is one of the premier engineering and computer science research institutions in the world. Comprising the Research School of Computer Science and the Research School of Engineering, both are recognised as research leaders in their respective areas continuing the tradition of excellence in research and research-led education. CECS collaborates on research projects with government departments (federal and state) and multinational corporations, helping to accelerate research and development programs and to introduce new technologies to the marketplace. CECS offers a wide range of coursework programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and also supervises students for higher degrees by research. We offer undergraduate degrees in engineering, information technology and computer science along with masters and doctoral postgraduate programs.
For further information, please contact Dr Uwe Zimmer, Associate Director (Education) RSCS T: +61 2 6125 8619 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- Up to 2 page statement including the following:
- A brief summary of your teaching experience, either at the ANU or another institution and include any relevant industry experience (If you have previously tutored for CECS before, please list courses tutored. Please note that Convenors may be contacted)
- A short statement describing your vision for the role of tutor
- Provide your teaching availability for the period 15th February – 31st December 2021
- Please complete the Checklist attached for preference of the courses you are interested in tutoring. Please list a Maximum of 5 preferences. Listing them from 1-5 (1 being your first preference) *Please note that course availability is subject to change depending on enrolment numbers
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- We may contact you to arrange an interview if you are successful for interview, and you have not been interviewed previously (please note during this time interviews with be conducted via Zoom).
Applications which do not provide a statement of suitability may not be considered for these positions.
Please note: The successful applicants must have rights to live and work in Australia.
By submitting your application you acknowledge that it may be viewed by other course conveners within the Research School of Computer Science. You may be contacted to consider teaching courses outside of your nominated choices.
Position Description & Selection Criteria