HSM Systems Administrator
Job no: 537450
Work type: Continuing (Contingent Funded)
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 7 (Information Technology)
Salary package: $88,523 to $92,957 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full Time, Continuing (Contingent Funding)
NCI, an operating unit of The Australian National University is built on and sustained by a formal collaboration of national research organisations, CSIRO, Bureau of Meteorology, Geoscience Australia, and other research-intensive universities. NCI is Australia’s leading national provider of high-end computational and data-intensive services.
The HSM Administrator will provide systems administration and operational support of the Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) system including service monitoring, security, backups/recovery and fault rectification, liaise with vendors and NCI teams to identify, track and resolve systems issues and support users and staff of the NCI data service through improved access, documentation, training and proactive advice.
Required skills & experience:
- data services and cluster filesystem technologies in a Linux environment and site-wide backup/recovery systems.
- managing HSM systems, Enterprise Tape Libraries and associated infrastructure.
- scripting language(s) such python, and suitable technologies such as Ansible or Puppet for system configuration and management.
- Advanced Linux and network administration skills including TCP/IP networks and utilities; Linux firewall configuration and network monitoring.
- fibrechannel hardware, protocols and configuration under linux systems.
- managing filesharing technologies including NFS, CIFS/Samba and data transfers.
For further information please contact: Amanda Walker, E: Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 02 6125 9804
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
A statement addressing the selection criteria.
A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
Other documents, if required.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now