Departmental Administrator (Program and Events Support)
Job no: 534680
Work type: Continuing (Contingent Funded)
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 5 (Administration)
Salary package: $71,878 – $78,411 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing (Contingent Funding)
The Department of Pacific Affairs (DPA) is seeking a highly motivated officer to join its professional staff team. We are looking for someone that has demonstrated project coordination and events management experience, and excellent administrative, planning and communication skills. We will provide you with a supportive team environment and the opportunity to be involved in the administration of a wide range of research, teaching and outreach activities undertaken by DPA.
The ANU College of Asia and the Pacific (CAP) leads intellectual engagement with the Asia-Pacific region through research, teaching and contributions to public debate, and seeks to set the international standard for scholarship concerning the region.
DPA is a vibrant research unit in the Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs. The Department is the leading international centre for applied research into contemporary governance issues in the Pacific. In addition to its scholarly goals, DPA maintains a strong commitment to active engagement with policy communities in the region and Australia.
DPA is currently implementing the Pacific Research Program (PRP) in consortium with the ANU Development Policy Centre and the Lowy Institute. Co-funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the consortium partners’ parent bodies, the PRP is a four-year program designed to be a globally pre-eminent centre of excellence for research on the Pacific that:
- Produces high-quality policy relevant research that is available, accessible and communicated to policy makers and program designers in Australia, the Pacific and from around the world;
- Plays a central role in fostering and facilitating a strong and vibrant Pacific-Australia-New Zealand-wide network of research on the Pacific;
- Is connected to Australia’s broader engagement with the Pacific and fosters a greater knowledge and understanding of the Pacific among the Australian community;
- Demonstrates a high degree of effectiveness in contributing to evidence-based policy-making and program design primarily in Australia and also the Pacific and around the world.
The Departmental Administrator (Program and Events Support) will provide support for a range of DPA research, education and training and outreach activities, contributing to the efficient coordination of the day-to-day operations of the department.
For more information, please contact Hannah McMahon, Program Manager, T: 6125 8394 E: Hannah.McMahon@anu.edu.au or Julien Barbara, Senior Policy Fellow T: 6125 9612 E: Julien.Barbara@anu.edu.au.
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now