Classification: Academic Level C
Salary package: $119,844 - $133,202 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, Continuing (Contingent Funding)
- Strengthen the Research School of Electrical, Energy and Materials Engineering as an internationally centre of excellence in Quantum, Robust and Stochastic Control Theory
- Contribute to the objectives of externally funded projects
The ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) is dedicated to contributing to The Australian National University’s reputation for excellence in research and research-led education, bringing together expertise across a range of areas to reimagine the role of engineering and computing for future generations. CECS is a diverse and vibrant community dedicated to discovery and to making knowledge matter. Our academics and students are engaged in ground-breaking, cutting-edge research, in exciting areas such as renewable energy, robotics, telecommunications, biomaterials, human-machine interaction, and artificial intelligence.
The Research School of Engineering (RSEng) is a close-knit community that prides ourselves on solving “wicked problems” in collaboration with the best minds in the world from across a broad range of disciplines. RSEng takes pride in pursuing our fundamental mission – discovery and to making knowledge matter – to the very highest quality.
This position is a continuing contingent funded appointment to contribute to research within externally funded projects in the areas of Quantum Control Theory, Robust Control Theory and Stochastic Control theory. Applications are particularly invited from researchers whose expertise are in the areas of Electrical, Energy and Materials Engineering and whose breadth of vision reaches across traditional discipline silos. We welcome and develop diversity of backgrounds, experiences and ideas and encourage applications from individuals who may have had non-traditional career paths, who may have taken a career break or who have achieved excellence in careers outside of academia.
To enquire about these positions please contact the Director of the Research School of Electrical, Energy and Materials Engineering, Professor Ian Petersen T: +61 2 6125 6059, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. The University actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Furthermore, it is policy in the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science to require selection panels to seek a gender balance when compiling shortlists of candidates for interview. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
The ANU provides attractive benefits and excellent support to maintain a healthy work/life balance and offers generous remuneration benefits, including four weeks paid vacation per year, assistance with relocation expenses and 17% employer contribution to superannuation. This also includes generous parental leave, the possibility of flexible and part time working arrangements, a parental and aged care support program, dual career hire programs, ANU school holiday programs, and childcare facilities on campus. For more information, please visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae including a full publication list and the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A 1-2 page statement outlining your approach to coursework education and student project supervision.
- A 1-2 page statement outlining your research objectives for the next 3 years if appointed.
- (Optional) a statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Position Description & Selection Criteria