Job no: 528221
Work type: Continuing (Contingent Funded)
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: Academic Level A-B
Salary package: $71,509 - $111,365 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing Contingent Funded (1 year with possibility of renewal)
- Exciting, fast-paced, translational research focussed position
- Multi-disciplinary R&D project
- Direct involvement in development and commissioning of precision instruments
- Supportive, diverse, collegiate team environment
The Department of Quantum Science, Research School of Physics and Engineering, the Australian National University has a research collaboration with an industry partner to develop technology for the inspection of inorganic and organic materials.
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will be a key member of a multi-disciplinary team to develop next-generation automatic three-dimensional volumetric imaging instruments. This is to map the features embedded within inorganic and organic materials to improve inspection precision, mapping accuracy and speed. The Postdoctoral Fellow will innovate optical imaging, tomographic and metrology techniques for integration as part of a multimodal approach to scientific instrumentation. The project will in addition involve scientific computing, digital signal processing and mechatronic control as part of the development work.
For more information, please contact Associate Professor Jong Chow on T: +61 2 6125 1547 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now