Casual / Sessional Academic - Asia Pacific Languages
Job no: 527011
Work type: Casual
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: Casual Sessional Academic
Salary package: as per ANU Casual Sessional Academic salary schedule
Terms: Casual Sessional Academic (Tutors, Markers, Administration)
The School of Culture, History and Language at the College of Asia and the Pacific, is currently seeking expressions of interest from suitably skilled lecturers and/or tutors to deliver into our less commonly taught languages program, with course offerings expected to become available throughout the 2019 teaching year.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who have language abilities in the 10 less commonly taught languages listed below:
- Literary Chinese (Classical Chinese)
Our courses will be offered through various delivery modes, including online delivery. As such, in addition to language skills, suitable applicants will require highly developed digital communication and social media skills to be able to deliver course content and the exceptional student experience ANU is famous for. Suitable applicants will be placed on an eligibility list and engaged as Casual Sessional Academics, as defined within the ANU Enterprise Agreement 2017-2021.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary; we offer great hourly rates;
- Flexible delivery modes and online course offerings for certain programs that can be delivered from anywhere in Australia;
- Mentoring, training and development opportunities; working with Academics who are outstanding in their field of expertise;
- The satisfaction that comes from being part of a team dedicated to delivering innovative, collaborative and exception quality language education through Australia’s leading University.
What we are looking for people who are:
- Self-directed and passionate about language education;
- Proficient with information communication and technology (ICT) skills and tool, to create innovative and engaging online learning environments that meet the needs of our students wherever they happen to be in the world;
- Committed to high quality service delivery in languages education, who can grow our languages offerings in line with uncertain student demand.
How to express your interest:
- Submit a current CV outlining your skills, qualification and relevant work history;
- Submit a one paged cover letter addressing your suitability, with reference to the Position Description;
- Complete the online application pack, including the additional information form (please ensure you save your document prior to uploading it);
For more information about the positions, please contact Associate Professor Shunichi Ishihara, T: (02) 6125 4656 E: Shunichi.Ishihara@anu.edu.au
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
Please note: This recruitment pool will remain active for a period of up to 18 months. Should your circumstances change, please resubmit an updated application to ensure your details remain current.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicants must have rights to live and work in this country.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now