Job no: 519053
Work type: Continuing (Contingent Funded)
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: ANU Officer 5/6 or ANU Officer 7
Salary package: ANU Officer 5/6 ($68,704 - $$81,030) or
ANU Officer 7 ($85,023 - $89,370) per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full Time, Continuing Contingent Funded (CCF) Initial 2 year appointment with possible extension
The ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) is one of the premier engineering and computer science research institutions in the world. Comprising the Research School of Computer Science and the Research School of Engineering, both are recognised as research leaders in their respective areas continuing the tradition of excellence in research and research-led education. CECS collaborates on research projects with government departments (federal and state) and multinational corporations, helping to accelerate research and development programs and to introduce new technologies to the marketplace. CECS offers a wide range of coursework programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and also supervises students for higher degrees by research. We offer undergraduate degrees in engineering, information technology and computer science along with masters and doctoral postgraduate programs.
We are seeking one or more Research Officers to support laboratory activities in a newly granted project by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) entitled "Next Generation Industrial Bifacial Silicon Solar Cells". The core objective of the project is the development of high efficiency bifacial silicon solar cells. The project spans 3 years, running from March 2018 to March 2021. Positions are for 2 years fixed term, with 1 year extension upon meeting project mid-year milestones.
The role of Research Officer in this project is support the research activities of the Chief Investigator and Research Fellows in the areas of:
- Performing silicon wafer sample preparation, and silicon solar cell fabrication. This will involve handling of silicon wafers in a clean room environment, performing wet-bench chemical processes, photolithography, and operation of numerous laboratory equipment for various processes.
- Preparing summaries of experiments and outcomes, including an appropriate level of analysis of the results.
- Assist and supervise staff and students in the proper use and operation of equipment and machinery.
- Assisting with the selection, procurement and commissioning of equipment, supplies, materials, and services.
- Assisting with the monitoring of laboratory users to ensure the safe and proper use of equipment and processes to ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety standards.
We are looking for an applicant with:
- Extensive experience within a laboratory environment, including wet chemical processing
- Experience with a range of process and characterisation equipment would be an advantage, including equipment such as thermal oxidation & diffusion, CVD, ALD, photolithography, evaporation, IV, SEM, FTIR, and PL
- Hands on experience in fabrication of silicon solar cells would be an advantage;
- Willingness to learn and acquire understanding in the operation of a wide range of laboratory equipment.
- Must be physically capable of moving small objects around and working at fume cupboards with a range of chemicals
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a large and diverse research team.
For further enquiries please contact Dr. Kean Chern Fong, T: +61 04 56097395 E: email@example.com
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with Australian residency or a valid work permit.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now