Job no: 519045
Work type: Continuing (Contingent Funded)
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: ANU Academic Level B
Salary package: $96,087 - $109,181 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full Time, Continuing Contingent Funded (CCF), Initial 2 Year Appointment with Possible Extension
- ANU is one of the leaders in the field of Silicon Photovoltaics
- Exciting role in industry linked project with excellent industrial exposure and travel opportunities
- Working within a hotly contested field of passivated contact silicon solar cells.
- Multiple appointments available
The ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) is one of the premier engineering and computer science research institutions in the world. Comprising the Research School of Computer Science and the Research School of Engineering, both are recognised as research leaders in their respective areas continuing the tradition of excellence in research and research-led education. CECS collaborates on research projects with government departments (federal and state) and multinational corporations, helping to accelerate research and development programs and to introduce new technologies to the marketplace. CECS offers a wide range of coursework programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and also supervises students for higher degrees by research. We offer undergraduate degrees in engineering, information technology and computer science along with masters and doctoral postgraduate programs.
We are seeking multiple Postdoctoral Fellows for a newly granted project by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) entitled "Next Generation Industrial Bifacial Silicon Solar Cells". This project is a collaboration with a large PV manufacturer, thus having the privilege of good exposure to the PV industry as well as travel opportunities to visit industry partner facilities. The core objective of the project is the development and application of passivated contacts and laser doping to achieve record efficiency laboratory and industrial bifacial silicon solar cells. The position is for 2 years, with a 1 year extension pending successful progress past the mid-point milestones.
The role of Postdoctoral Fellow in this project is to work in conjunction with the chief investigators to achieve project goals of:
- Design, fabrication and optimisation of bifacial silicon solar cells;
- Optimisation of individual laboratory processes to improve performance and yield;
- Integration of passivated contacts and laser doping techniques into laboratory and industrial cell fabrication processes;
- Optical and electrical characterisation;
- Meeting project milestone targets & writing technical reports.
We are looking for an applicant with:
- PhD degree in Photovoltaics or equivalent experience;
- Good research and publication track record;
- Extensive experience within a PV laboratory environment;
- Hands on experience in fabrication of laboratory scale silicon solar cells;
- Practical experience in wet chemical processing, handling and processing silicon wafers;
- Experience with a range of process and characterisation equipment would be an advantage, including equipment such as thermal oxidation & diffusion, CVD, ALD, photolithography, evaporation, IV, SEM, FTIR, and PL
- Must be physically capable of moving small objects around and working at fume cupboards with a range of chemicals
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a large and diverse research team.
For further enquiries please contact Dr. Kean Chern Fong, phone +61 04 56097395 email email@example.com
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now