Specialist Computer Systems Programmer
Job no: 516443
Work type: Continuing (Contingent Funded)
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 8 (IT)
Salary package: $94,094 to $100,864 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Terms: Continuing Contingent Funded, Full time
NCI, an operating unit of The Australian National University, is built on and sustained by a formal collaboration of national research organisations, CSIRO, Bureau of Meteorology, Geoscience Australia, and other research-intensive universities. NCI is Australia's leading national provider of high-end computational and data-intensive services.
The Specialist Computing Systems Programmer will play a pivotal role in developing and supporting NCI's operational registration and resource management systems, and will also contribute to development and support of the NCI's public web site.
This position reports to the NCI User Services Manager, and will:
- develop and maintain tools, utilities and APIs to support and improve NCI operational business processes,
- contribute to development and support of the NCI public web site, and
- improve user authentication and security on NCI business systems.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience developing applications with Python, Django, SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with software life cycle management, automated build-test-release frameworks, version control (git preferred), and a ticket/tracking system such as JIRA or Trac.
- Experience in developing and supporting web sites and web content systems, such as Drupal or WordPress.
- Experience with AAF authentication, Linux system administration and security.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
Applicant Contact: Ms Amanda Walker T: 02 6125 9804 E: email@example.com
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now